Friday, January 21, 2011

Wine Making Philippines

A VISION OF VISITING TEACHING PROGRAM SCHEDULE

by President Spencer W. Kimball

President Kimball gave this discourse on September 16, 1958, as a member of the Council of the Twelve, His message, presented at a convention of teachers visiting Monument Park Stake in Salt Lake City, is still relevant and important.

My dear sisters, I think my first discovery of the existence and importance of the Relief Society took place at an early age in my life.
My family moved to Salt Lake City to Arizona when I was three years. At that time my mother had six children and during the time that went through five pregnancies and their births, was president of the ward Relief Society.
We moved to a new region, where water is extracted Well, where there were so many flies that night was almost impossible to see through the mesh of a door, which also prevailed typhoid and many other diseases where medical aid was extremely limited as there were no hospitals, nurses or trained, except the district doctor, who already had more work than they could handle.
- Not long ago I read in the newspaper my mother's expressions as the following:
"I left the children with ... and I went to Smith's sister, where one of the twins had just died and there were other seriously ill children of typhoid fever. " "Today I spent the day with other sisters confection ¬ Nando shrouds for the dead children of Sister Jones, "and so continued.
So I met Relief Society, and I am sure that to some degree continues to take place this kind of work, because according to my interpretation, this includes not only the spiritual and moral welfare of the local people but also physical.
Every time I think of visiting teaching, I think in many ways your duties are similar to the master ¬ ters counselors, who must be "ever vigilant for the Church''- not just twenty minutes a month, but always - "and strengthen" - not just knock on the door, but being with them, encourage and strengthen them, empower them and strengthen - '' see no evil ... or hardness ... or slander, or bad to say. "
What a great opportunity! But unfortunately, many prefer to talk about other things as weather, politics, something that has just taken place in the quarter, the division of it, the reorganization of a bishopric, the reorganization of the presidency of the Relief Society, or any of the many things that can happen in the neighborhood, leading people to doubt or criticize. How privileged are two sisters who go to a home, maintain a minimum which could be detrimental and also build and support all authorities of the Church, the Church itself, its doctrines, its programs and practices. As I understand it in this program can not use force, it is a labor of love and encouragement. It's amazing how many people we can convert and inspire them with love. We must "warn, expound, exhort and teach, and invite ... come unto Christ." This can be for those who are not members as well as for those who are.

READ MORE or DOWNLOAD

0 comments:

Post a Comment